Powered By Blogger

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Happy, Happy, Happy...

This is the time of the year best spent reflecting on the year passed, On our various successes, on our family, on our chosen career, and to re-commit to the coming year, thankful that for us there will be a tomorrow and a second chance to make the all important first-impression.
Personally, I’m happy that I made it through this transitional year no worse for wear. I’ve had many challenges over the course of the last 12 months, from “finding myself” and my place in this new world, to helping out those people who just need a friendly ear to listen, to embarking on a strange new journey in the world of recruiting.  Anyone who has read any of my passed blogs, will know that I come from a sales background, being relatively successful for many years before an illness forced me to step back and re-evaluate a lot of my beliefs, and especially my goals when it comes to work and family; and how much time and effort would be spent on each.  I actually found a happy place and believe me when I say that that spot is mine and I intend to treasure it.
New people came into my life, each one bringing with them a new layer for the collage.  These people were key in providing a sense of direction and a different view on life and career.  Being involved in the Mental Health circles helped to show me what it means to really live, as it is the truly simple things which bring them awe. (thanks Calvin).  They have given me a reason to believe that strong effort doesn’t always achieve the goal, and that sometimes you look too hard for the answer staring you in the face.  We put too much effort and worry on things that are beyond our control, and not enough time and effort on the truly simple things and trying to enjoy the journey with all the bumps and bruises, rather than rushing to the endzone and scoring the winning touchdown.  For every journey we rush through and not pay attention  we miss the real goal and the real reason for the trip to begin with.
In the coming year, I hope to build on the successes of 2010, forgive those who didn’t always agree with my opinion, and try to pay attention to the big picture, as the various textures and hues are what makes any piece of art- a masterpiece.  To all my new friends: Thank you and may you all find what you deserve, and know I’ll be lurking in the background ready to help at a moments notice.  To all those I’ve met in my new vocation, I look forward to the lessons as we move forward, so I can achieve all the potential that you saw in me when the opportunity evolved.  To all those I have yet to meet- “Hello” from my corner of the universe, I look forward to connecting with you, to reaching out on common goals as there is much good we can do together.
May everyone enjoy the holiday season, regardless of your denomination or beliefs, and you enjoy all that is around you.  2011 is just around the corner and I feel it will be one heck of a ride.  Please join me!!

The Daniel J. Smith
Aspire for Greatness; and Inspire Greatness in others

No comments:

Post a Comment